Are you looking at working with sustainable and biodegradable options in your field of science to help the removal of plastic?
SGMA is actively looking for a highly motivated independently minded Chemist to support, create and drive our portfolio of Sol-Gel based materials/coating applications. This breakthrough product/barrier is totally aimed at the replacement of plastics and can have a multiple use. In our quest to develop this alternative to plastic we now need a passionate individual to continue the NPD in conjunction with our CEO.
Dr Fanya Ismail, our CEO, has been recognised with several ‘innovative awards’ and has led the product development to date. We now can recruit and Development Chemist to support activities going forward as the business enters an exciting phase, working in many sectors and accumulating a varied portfolio of innovative products/solutions.
We are actively seeking a Development Chemist to be based in Sittingbourne, Kent at the Kent Science Park, own transport is essential.
- Liaising with suppliers as required
- Preparing samples of products for customer review and approval
- Assist in formulation and development of new products/coatings
- Source, test and approve raw materials for new and existing products
- Managing formulation projects from laboratory through customer trials to full-scale manufacture
- Innovate and development of new products
- Investigate customer problems, quality concerns and complaints
- Perform testing on competitive samples
- Prepare samples for customers
- Troubleshooting any issues arising during the manufacturing process
- Analysis of current/future markets for development
- Competitor product analysis and existing product evaluation and formulation modification as required.
- Degree qualified in Chemistry
- Experience developing products is essential
- Good understanding of current regulations
- Experience in formulation and development of coatings
- Be self-motivated, well organised, able to work as part of a team and are committed to the company
- Able to manage and progress projects
- The ability to guide the company in terms of innovation and suggestions to move the company forward
- Be enthusiastic and have a desire to grow and develop the business
- BSc higher in chemistry
As a Development Chemist you will be responsible for autonomously carrying out various R&D projects, formulating and characterising a variety of coatings to the required standards. You will also be responsible for the scale up formulation for pilot trials and production batches, and liaison with our production partners. All documentation, data and associated evidence would be produced to support the external testing authorities and commercial teams in the quest for transparency with new customers.
To be considered for this role, you will be degree educated in Chemistry and possess industrial experience and ideally within coatings. This may suite a PhD graduate.
If you are passionate about changing our environment, the removal of plastic and would like to be in a key role that will make a difference, we absolutely would like to hear from you.
Starting Salary of up to £30,000pa depending on experience For further information please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating your skills and experience and why you could make a difference, to firstname.lastname@example.org