Award Winning Paper Coating Technology
The world is facing considerable challenges posed by plastic pollution and climate change. In our oceans alone, it is estimated that there will more plastic than fish by 2050. The extent of the problem extends beyond just plastics in our oceans, with microplastics (tiny fragments of plastic found in water and air) now being found in the Arctic and other remote areas.
The global market urgently requires sustainable solutions to tackle these major challenges. SGMA delivers solutions that are extracted from sand, sustainable and provide alternatives to plastic and a route to create effective non fossil fuel-based chemicals by using non-toxic raw materials that are available globally.
SGMA’s barrier coating for fibre-based packaging provides an excellent example of how we can make a difference. Our barrier coating for fibre-based packaging provides a complete solution to replace single-use plastics and eliminates confusion among users and customers.
Completely free from micro plastics, our technology helps also fits seamlessly into the recycling infrastructure of any country by providing a solution that is biodegradable, compostable and recyclable. The product currently is in process of getting certified for food contact in Europe and America.
- Vacancy: R & D Chemist 15th January 2021
- SGMA Secures £500k on Angels Den Platform 13th November 2020
- SGMA Diamond Winner of MassChallenge Switzerland 2020 Accelerator 3rd November 2020
- SGMA Selected for MassChallenge Switzerland 2020 Accelerator 2nd June 2020
- Women in Innovation 2019 23rd December 2019
- BBC South East Today 23rd December 2019
- Microplastics in the Arctic: A Cause for Concern? 23rd December 2019
BBC South East Today
SGMA’s founder & CEO Fanya Ismail was featured on BBC Southeast Today, highlighting the pollution burden of ‘disposable paper’ cups and SGMA’s sustainable and environmentally sound solution.